World Forum for Democracy Youth Delegation
World Forum for Democracy 2019 Youth Delegation in France (Fully Funded)
Deadline: July 12, 2019
The Council of Europe welcomes applications from all candidates who fulfil the specific profile of the activities, irrespective of gender, disability, marital or parental status, racial, ethnic or social origin, colour, religion, belief or sexual orientation.
The core content of the Forum will consist of discussions about successful initiatives and actions, which have real-life initiatives as a starting point. General guiding principles will then be drawn to encourage and support future policy responses and field action.
In this context, the Youth Department of the Council of Europe will invite 50-60 young people to participate and engage with decision-makers and opinion-formers in a reflection on the question of Democracy and Information.
- Travel expenses and visa costs will be reimbursed upon presentation of the relevant receipts, according to the rules of the Council of Europe.
- Board and lodging are provided and paid for by the Council of Europe (arrival on Sunday, November 3, 2019 and departure on Saturday, November 9, 2019)
- Be aged 18-30 (exceptions can be made in special cases).
- Be able to communicate and work in English.
- Be actively involved in civil society democracy initiatives.
- Be motivated to contribute to developing new ideas on youth and democracy.
- Be ready to share own challenges faced in relation to media, fake news, information and its effects on democracy.
- Be ready to adopt a solution-oriented approach by bringing in new ideas and visions on the question of media, fake news, information and democracy.
- Be available to participate fully in the World Forum for Democracy and the preparation process beforehand.
- A few limited places will allow for participants from the previous editions of the World Forum to participate.
All candidates must apply in 2 parts:
- An online application form should be completed via this link: https://youthapplications.coe.int/Application-forms
- A short 1 minute video should be posted on YouTube, with the link attached to the online application form (see instructions below).
The application form must be submitted on-line before Friday 12 July 2019 CET 13:00 (1 p.m.), together with a support letter from your NGO/sending organization if this is appropriate. In case of technical problems with the use of the platform, please send an e-mail to youthapplications[at]coe.int .