UN Youth Volunteer in Gender Equality & SDGs
Deadline: June , 2019
The UNV is seeking a volunteer to work as a Resident Coordinator Office in Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme is the UN organization that promotes volunteerism to support peace and development worldwide. Volunteerism can transform the pace and nature of development and it benefits both society at large and the individual volunteer.
UNV contributes to peace and development by advocating for volunteerism globally, encouraging partners to integrate volunteerism into development programming, and mobilizing volunteers.
In most cultures volunteerism is deeply embedded in long-established, ancient traditions of sharing and support within the communities. In this context, UN Volunteers take part in various forms of volunteerism and play a role in development and peace together with co-workers, host agencies and local communities.
In all assignments, UN Volunteers promote volunteerism through their action and conduct. Engaging in volunteer activity can effectively and positively enrich their understanding of local and social realities, as well as create a bridge between themselves and the people in their host community. This will make the time they spend as UN Volunteers even more rewarding and productive.
A UN Volunteer receives a Volunteer Living Allowance (VLA) per month and is paid at the end of each month to cover housing, utilities, transportation, communications and other basic needs
- Bachelor degree in gender studies, international development, social science and other relevant disciplines;
- Demonstrated interest and/or experience (up to 2 years) in international development, gender equality and women empowerment initiatives, peace and security and or other relevant disciplines;
- Previous experience as a volunteer and/or experience of another culture, (i.e. studies, volunteer work, internship) would be highly regarded;
- Computer skills: (i.e. Microsoft Office applications and social media);
- Must be below 29 years of age;
- English (Mandatory) , Level – Fluent.