Ugandans at Mbarara University of Science and Technology Master’s Scholarships
Master’s Scholarships for Female Ugandans at Mbarara University of Science and Technology (Fully Funded)
Deadline: July 17, 2019
The Mbarara University of Science and Technology is one of the eight public universities and degree-awarding institutions in the country. It is administered by three bodies; the University Council, the University Senat, and the University Top Management.
The University is looking for female candidates to fill two (2) Master’s positions at Mbarara University of Science and Technology: one (1) in the Social-Cultural and Communication aspects of the project and the other in the Biological aspects of the project.
Key activities of the Masters scholarship:
- Undertake coursework studies in the respective departments of Biology, Faculty of Science and Faculty of Interdisciplinary Studies, MUST,
- Undertake the research activities of the project with the guidance of the research team
- Design data collection tools,
- Regular field excursions at the community level including community education and sensitization as per the research guidelines,
- Communicate regularly with the research team on the progress of the assigned research assignments,
- Timely collection, analysis and presentation of data, and
- Undertake a 2 years Master’s Programme in accordance with MUST rules and regulations.
- The scholarship caters for tuition fees, research costs, and a monthly stipend in Uganda. The applicants must therefore be willing to be full-time students dedicated to their studies and project work and will be based at MUST with an office space on full-time basis.
The scholarship id dedicated to Female candidates only with Ugandan Citizenship
a) Master of Science (biological) applicant
- Must have an admission letter to pursue an MSc in Biology (either Natural Resources’ Ecology, Management and Conservation, or Microbiology and Parasitology option) at Mbarara University of Science and Technology.
- The applicant must have a Bachelor’s degree in Biology or any other relevant Biological science acquired from a recognised university.
- Experience in working with project related activities is an added advantage.
b) MA (Socio-Science) applicant
1. Must be an admitted student at MUST under either of the following programmes:
- MA in Development Studies
- MA in conflict Analysis and Inclusive Development
- MA in Local Governance and Planning
- Master of Public Health
2. Should have a Bachelor’s degree in humanities e.g. sociology, anthropology, development
studies, gender, community development etc. from a recognised university.
The application package should include:
- A letter of motivation
- A cover letter (1 page)
- A CV (2 pages)
- Copies of academic documents
- A letter of recommendation from the current employer/immediate supervisor (1 page) – if applicable
- A letter from an academic referee supporting your application (1 page). The application should be compiled into one document of no more than 8 pages in total
The applications should be addressed (and submitted) to the local promoter by email: email@example.com. Ensure that the following emails addresses are included in the cc: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, and email@example.com