The Deutsches Museum Scholar in Residence
The Deutsches Museum Scholar in Residence Program in Munich - Germany
Deadline: October 11, 2019
The Deutsches Museum in Munich has several attractive scholarships to offer research scholars interested in working for six or 12 months on projects involving the museum`s vast and heterogeneous collections. The scholarship programme is international and interdisciplinary in scope.
There are myriad opportunities at the Deutsches Museum for innovative research into scientific processes and the changing cultures of technology. Founded in 1903, the museum’s holdings comprise some 100,000 objects; an archive of 4,500 shelf metres including an extensive collection of scientific photographs, technical illustrations, trade literature and private papers; and a specialist research library with 875,000 volumes, 5,000 journals, and an extensive collection of rare books on te history of science and technology.
- Scholarship holders will have their own workplace with a desktop computer and telephone, and the opportunity to reside temporarily in subsidized apartments of the museum complex insofar as these are available. They will present their research projects to colleagues at the beginning of their stay and will be expected to participate regularly in the museum’s and the Munich Centre’s Monday colloquium series and workshops.
- Pre-doctoral stipends: € 7,500 (six months) / € 15,000 (full year). Post-doctoral stipends: € 15,000 (six months) / € 30,000 (full year). Scholars at any level of seniority are eligible to apply, provided they have at least one university degree (Master or PhD). BA is not sufficient. There are no restrictions regarding nationality. All scholars are requested to make their own provisions for health insurance.
- Scholars at any level of seniority are eligible to apply, provided they have at least one university degree (Master or Ph.D.). BA is not sufficient;
- There are no restrictions regarding nationality;
- All scholars are requested to make their own provisions for health insurance;
- The ability to read German is a prerequisite for the application (passive language skills).
Please send applications, including:
- completed application form (pdf-file, 20 kB or rtf-file 60 kB)
- curriculum vitae
- project description (3 to 5 pages)
- two confidential references (can be sent directly by the referees)
to the following address:
Coordinator of the Research Institute
Tel.: 00 49 (0) 89 2179-280
Fax: 00 49 (0) 89 2179-239
To apply , Click here