OIST Graduate Scholarship in Japan
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate Scholarship in Japan
Deadline: November 15, 2019
The Graduate School accepts about 60 full-time graduate students per year. This ensures low numbers of students for each faculty member so that we can deliver best-in-the-world teaching for our graduate program. The basic requirement for the OIST Graduate Program is completion of a Bachelors, Masters or equivalent degree prior to the admission date.
Students may submit an application at any time. Your application will be considered at the next admissions committee meeting. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to the next possible Admissions Workshop, held at OIST, as part of the selection process. If you prefer to attend a later admissions workshop, you may defer the invitation
As all students enrolled in OIST PhD program are fully-funded with a generous Research Assistantship. The Research Assistantship ensures a comfortable living in Okinawa so that students can focus on research.
To be eligible for the OIST Graduate Program, you must have completed a BSc, MSc or equivalent degree or expect to do so prior to the admission date.
- Transcript and Diploma: Scanned copies of your current academic transcript and any completed diploma (BSc, MSc, etc.) in PDF format. An English explanation is required for transcripts that are not written in English.
- A scan of an unofficial transcript or other record of grades may be uploaded to the application website.
- If you have not graduated and do not have a diploma yet, please upload a certificate of enrolment from your institution that indicates your expected graduation date.
- Applicant’s Statement: This should be not more than 400 words and should address the following points:
- The applicant’s scientific interests and aspirations, and
- What the applicant hopes to gain from undertaking graduate studies at OIST.
- Passport: The application system requires applicants to submit a passport number and upload a scan of their passport photo page. It is essential that applicants from outside Japan have a valid passport for travel to Japan. You must supply your passport details in the application process.
- Recommendation Letter: Each applicant is required to have at least 2 and no more than 5 letters of recommendation from appropriate academic referees.
- Proof of English Proficiency: An applicant who is seeking admission on the basis of a qualification from a university for which the language of teaching and/or examination is not English is required to provide a TOEFL or IELTS score obtained within the last 2 years.
- OIST Institutional Code for TOEFL: 8794
- OIST address for IELTS:
Admissions and Career Development Section
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University
1919-1 Tancha, Onna-son, Kunigami-gun,
Okinawa, Japan 904-0495
To apply , Click here