Mo Ibrahim Foundation Leadership Programme
Mo Ibrahim Foundation Leadership Fellowship Programme 2020 (Fully funded )
Deadline: October 14, 2019
The Ibrahim Leadership Fellowships form a selective programme designed to mentor future African leaders. Through this annual fellowship programme, we seek to deepen and broaden our growing network which continues to contribute its skills and learning to a better Africa.
The Fellowships offer the opportunity to work in the executive offices of either the AfDB (Abidjan), UNECA (Addis Ababa) or the ITC (Geneva) with an annual stipend of $100,000.
The United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA) has a dual role as the regional arm of the United Nations in Africa and as one of the major pan-African institutions. Its mandate is to promote the social and economic development of Africa through knowledge activities, advocacy and consensus building and technical cooperation.
International Trade Center
This Fellowship opportunity at ITC is in collaboration with the Mo Ibrahim Foundation. Established in 2006 the Mo Ibrahim Foundation aims to support good governance and great leadership in Africa. The Foundation works to:
- Stimulate debate on good governance;
- Provide criteria by which citizens and governments can measure progress;
- Recognize achievement in African leadership and provide a practical way in which leaders can build positive legacies on the continent when they have left office;
- Support aspiring leaders for the African continent.
The Fellowship offers a mentorship experience with the Executive Director and Deputy Executive Director of ITC to prepare young Africans for leadership of major organizations and multilateral institutions.
- Opportunity to work in the executive offices of either the AfDB (Abidjan), UNECA (Addis Ababa) or the ITC (Geneva) plus an annual stipend of $100,000.
- Applicants must hold African nationality.
- Applicants must be under 40 years of age at time of application (women with children should be under 45 years of age).
- Minimum seven years of relevant work experience.
- Master’s degree
- Advanced English. Knowledge of other UN official languages in particular French or Spanish is an asset.
- Meet any additional criteria as set by the host.