Flinders International Postgraduate Research Scholarship
Deadline : August 9, 2019
Apply for the FIPRS postgraduate Scholarship. The Flinders International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (FIPRS) is a scholarship specifically intended to support international students that covers international tuition fees and also provides a stipend. The aim of the free study is to support international students in the field of research. Research Training study is specifically intended to support international students that cover international tuition fees and also provides a stipend.
Flinders University offers more than 160 undergraduate and postgraduate courses, as well as higher degree research supervision across all disciplines. Flinders University is renowned for world-class research and innovation that is relevant, of high quality and has a real impact.
- The FIPRS pays the international student tuition fees charged by Flinders University for a research higher degree.
- In addition, a stipend provides the recipient with a generous living allowance paid at the rate of $27,596 per annum (2019 rate). It is tax exempt and indexed annually.
- An FIPRS student who moves to Adelaide from overseas is eligible for an establishment allowance (after arrival at Flinders) of up to $1,485 to assist with relocation costs and airfares, provided receipts can be produced by the student.
- Applicants must be a citizen of any overseas country, except New Zealand, and satisfy the University’s
academic entry requirements for a Masters degree by research or Doctorate by research.
- Applicants are required to have successfully completed at least the equivalent of an Australian First Class Hons degree(this is a four year degree with a major research project in the final year)
- Applicants must meet the English proficiency levels set by Flinders University for international students at the time of application. Students for whom English is a foreign language will need to provide evidence of their English language competence.
- Applicants must not hold an equivalent research higher degree qualification. Applications are only open to students commencing a research higher degree in Australia for the first time.
- Applicants must not not hold Australian citizenship, Australian permanent resident status or New Zealand citizenship.
- Academic Transcripts
Applicants must provide a certified copy of all university level academic transcripts, translated into English, please do not provide secondary school certificates or non educational certificates or awards.
- Research Proposal
You must include a research proposal of approximately 500 words in length, outlining the problem, hypothesis or question and the methodology or approach.
- Academic Referee Reports
Complete Section A of two copies of the Academic Referee’s Confidential Report forms and forward them to two appropriate referees of your choice. If possible the referees should have an informed, personal and professional knowledge of your academic ability and be able to exercise judgment of your research potential. Academic Referee reports must be returned to email@example.com by the closing date.
- Curriculum Vitae
An updated CV outlining your work experience, all research experience, and a full list of cited publications should be included with your application.
- Format & Language
All documents must be uploaded via the application portal, and should be in English. Please save as a PDF and scan and save in the correct orientation. Please name all documents with your family name and document name, for example: name_Transcript, name_publication 1.
To apply , Click here