Cavendish University Excellence scholarships
Deadline: July 10, 2019
Cavendish University Uganda offers top Ugandan students an opportunity to study on Academic Excellence Scholarships starting 01st June, 2019. These scholarships cover up to 100% tuition and functional fees, and they are available to both first-year and transfer students.
The University offers degree programmes in the following four faculties:
- Business and Management
- Science and Technology
- Socio-Economic sciences
Cavendish Excellence Scholarship recipients will be required to attend leadership workshops and to play a role in peer-mentoring and peer-tutoring and other intellectually enriching or university marketing work-study initiatives for 15 hours a week. Recipients will also be required to maintain a CGPA of B+ (second class upper division).
These scholarships cover up to 100% tuition and functional fees, and they are available to both first-year and transfer students
To qualify for Cavendish University Excellence scholarships, an entering student should meet the following criteria:
- Be a Ugandan Citizen
- Plan to attend classes in person (Distance Learning not eligible)
- Have at least 3 Principle Passes at A-level
- Have attained a total of at least 12 points at A-level at one sitting
- Strong interest in developing leadership skills
- Ability to pass a pre-entry written English and basic Math test
- Ability to pass an oral interview
- At least two letters of reference or recommendation one of which should be from a teacher that taught the applicant, and a second letter from any community leader or religious leader
Qualified applicants should visit the Enrolment office at Cavendish University Uganda, Ggaba Road with the following documents:
- S-4 certificate (original and photocopy)
- S-6 certificate (original and photocopy) ,
The applicant will then be given the Cavendish University Excellence Scholarship application and a pre-entry test and oral interview will be scheduled.