Asian Development Bank (ADB) Scholarship at Keio University, Japan
Asian Development Bank (ADB) Scholarship at Keio University in Japan (Fully Funded)
Apply for the Asian Development Bank (ADB) Scholarship for international students at Keio University in Japan. Established in 1858 by Yukichi Fukuzawa as a small school of Western learning, Keio has a history as Japan’s very first private institution of higher learning. Over 150 years since its founding, Keio has thrived under its founder’s motto of jitsugaku, or empirical science, as it continues to transform Japan as a modern nation through contributions to education, research, and medicine.
This scholarship is for students who is admitted to the Master’s Program at Keio University and agree to return to their home country immediately after completing the Master’s program. At least two years of full-time professional work experience prior to application is required.
Amount of scholarship
- A monthly stipend equivalent to that of Japanese Government Scholarship
- One round-trip air ticket, full remission of tuition and entrance fees, etc.
- The applicant must be a national of an ADB borrowing member country (applicants from countries that are no longer borrowing from ADB are not eligible).
- The applicant should have a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent and an outstanding academic record.
- The applicant must have at least 2 years of full-time professional working experience (acquired after a university degree).
- Proficiency in oral and written English communication skills is mandatory.
- The applicant must be no more than 35 years old at the time of application.
- The applicant must be in good health.
- The applicant must agree to return to his/her home country after completion of studies, and contribute to the development of his home country.
- Executive Directors, Alternate Directors, management and staff of ADB, consultants, and relatives of the aforementioned are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Applicants living or working in a country other than their home country are not eligible for this scholarship. If from another Developing Member Country of ADB, application may be considered.
- The scholarship does not sponsor undergraduate studies, distance learning programs, short-term training, conferences, seminars, thesis writing, and research projects.