Adelaide Scholarships International
Deadline: April 30, 2019
The University of Adelaide is offering fully funded international scholarships through Adelaide Scholarships International (ASI) for academic year 2019. The scholarship will cover; Full tuition fees, living allowance (up to about $26,288) and health cover
The Adelaide International Scholarship (ASI) aimed aims at giving an opportunity to quality international postgraduate students to pursue research at University of Adelaide in Australia. Therefore, students are expected to strongly contribute and strengthen the research at the University during their period of study.
Adelaide University was established in 1874 and is ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world. The university is also part of the Group of Eight making it one of Australia’s leading research universities. Eligible students can apply for any Master’s degree by Research or Doctoral Research Degree offered at the University.
- Course tuition fees for two years for a Masters degree by Research and three years for a Doctoral research degree (an extension is possible for doctoral programs only),
- An annual living allowance ($27,596 in 2019) for two years for a Masters degree by Research and three years for a Doctoral research degree (an extension is possible for doctoral programs only), and
- For Student Visa (Subclass 500) visa holders the award provides compulsory standard Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) Worldcare policy for the student and their spouse and dependents (if any) for the standard duration of the student visa. It does not cover the additional 6 month extended student visa period post thesis submission. If the award holder does not hold a subclass 500 visa then he/she is responsible for the cost of health insurance.
- In order to be eligible applicants are required to have successfully completed at least the equivalent of an Australian First Class Honours degree (this is a four year degree with a major research project in the final year). All qualifying programs of study must be successfully completed.
- Scholarships will be awarded on academic merit and research potential. Extra-curricular achievements are not considered.
- International applicants must not hold a research qualification regarded by the University of Adelaide to be equivalent to an Australian Research Doctorate degree or, if undertaking a Research Masters degree, not hold a research qualification regarded by the University of Adelaide to be equivalent to or higher than an Australian Research Masters degree.
- International applicants who have not provided evidence of their meeting the minimum English language proficiency requirements for direct entry by the scholarship closing date, or who have completed a Pre-Enrolment English Program to meet the entry requirements for the intended program of study, are not eligible.
- Citizens and Permanent Residents of Australia, and citizens of New Zealand are ineligible.
- Those undertaking research via remote candidature are ineligible.
- Candidates are required to enrol in the University of Adelaide as ‘international students’ and must maintain ‘international student’ status for the duration of their enrolment in the University.